Monday, July 26, 2010

Love of My Life, May You Rest In Peace!

Kelly’s last breath was taken shortly after 3:00am on July 16, 2010 in our home that we built together. God finally put an end to all the suffering my dear wife had to endure. I cannot put into words what it is like to watch the women of your dreams suffer so much right before your eyes and not be able to do anything to stop it. To feel so helpless is heart breaking and the sadness is unexplainable. The cancer tried to strip Kelly of everything including her breast, her hair, her ability to walk, her ability to think clearly, her ability to move her arms & hands and eventually her ability to see. What it could not strip her of was her faith, her loving family & friends that adored her so much and the love that Kelly I shared for each other. I could write about Kelly forever and never get tired of it but I would like to complete this blog by sharing some stories leading up to the end of Kelly’s life that demonstrate what Kelly represents and what we can learn from her.

About a week before Kelly passed away she was still fighting. It was Wednesday night and I was lying next to Kelly in her hospital bed chatting with her when she asked me to get her walker out of the garage and to bring it into the house. I asked her why she wanted it and she said because she wanted to try and walk. When she told me this, I was thinking it was the cancer progression making her talk a little crazy but she insisted. I knew that there was no way that Kelly could walk short of a miracle because at this point, she had no mobility in her legs and had already lost the ability to use her entire left arm & hand. That being said, I did not want to discourage her, so I politely said “Babe, let’s get some rest and in the morning if you feel up to it, we can get the walker out”. I figured by morning she would forget about it. She was very fiery and made me promise to her that I would remind her first thing in the morning. I agreed. Well morning came and guess what, the first words out of her mouth was “please get the walker, I want to walk”. I could not believe she remembered and that she wanted to attempt the impossible. But let’s remember, this is Kelly we are talking about here, she never gives up. So I went out to the garage, brought in the walker and placed it by her bed. She then went on to say “get my shoes, I am going to walk” Reluctantly I said Ok because I did not want her heart to break when she could not do it. So I went through all the motions. Got her dressed, put her shoes on and slowly raised her up onto the side of the bed. She was in so much pain but wanted me to continue to get her up. Once she was up, I put the walker in front of her, put both her hands on the walker, got her sitting straight and told her she was ready. After a few minutes of Kelly sitting there starring and thinking of the situation, she finally realized there was no way she was going to walk. I then told her, “babe, you are tired today, why don’t we try it another day when you have more strength” She hesitated for a minute but then agreed. I slowly put her back down into the bed. Once she was comfortable, she asked me to come close to her and she told me, “Babe, I do not want you to think I am giving up, because I am not!” When she said this, it brought tears to my eyes. I gathered myself and told her, babe you are not giving up, you have never given up, you are the strongest women in the world, that’s why I love you…No one will ever think you gave up, I will make sure of that”. She never did give up, she continued to fight all the way till her final breath.

A couple days later, Kelly and I were watching a movie at night in her hospital bed (she did not want to sleep alone, so I would jump into bed with her until she fell asleep) when Kelly said “Manny, can you pause the movie, I would like to pray” I said of course babe, as I always loved to pray for my wife. Well I paused the movie and got ready to pray for Kelly’s healing when Kelly said “babe, I don’t want to pray for me, I want to pray for Carla & Zeph’s soon to be born child ( Carla & Zeph are Kelly’s Sister and Brother in law) that will be arriving this January” She wanted to pray to god that her sisters baby did not have any heart conditions like Carla’s other daughter. Even though Kelly was facing her own mortality, she still was putting others ahead of her in prayer. A child that has not even come into this world, she wanted to pray for. This was so inspiring to me, it brought me to tears. Kelly always put others ahead of herself her entire life and continued to do so till the very end.

As Kelly began to lose the ability to talk over her last couple days alive we started to have to squeeze her hand for answers to questions. However two days before she passed, I was taking care of Kelly in bed, helping move her around as I always did to make her more comfortable. She grabbed me with her hand and pulled me close. She put her hand under my shirt and rubbed my chest. She loved to do this while she was in the hospital bed as it was her way of being intimate. As she pulled me close, she softly whispered “Thank you for taking care of me”! I could not believe that she was thanking me. It tore my heart out to hear her say those words. I responded to her by saying “ Babe, you do not have to thank me, it was my honor to take care of you…I would not have it any other way and would not change a thing…your welcome and I love you so very much!” She then closed her eyes and went back to resting. These were really the last words that Kelly said to me.

I promised Kelly on her last day on earth that I would not let her life and death go in vain and that I would make sure everyone knew how hard she fought. I also promised that I would try and better this world based on the gifts she taught me. At Kelly’s funeral service I had an opportunity to start the promises I made to Kelly by getting up in front of all of our friends, family and other guests to speak about what Kelly meant to me and to all of us. All I can say is that I felt Kelly with me the entire time. Under normal circumstances, I would be nervous and stir crazy speaking in front of 800 people, but that day I did not feel a nerve in my body. What I did feel was Kelly standing right next to me the entire time. She pushed me to be stronger and that day I certainly was. I had not prepared at all for that speech. Even our priest, Father Rudy, thought speaking was going to be too difficult and advised against it but I told him I had to do it for Kelly. Once I made my way up to the altar, the words just flowed out. I know that Kelly was helping the words flow from my mouth that is the only way I can explain it. After my speech was over, I felt I like I got hit by a truck but the entire time talking I felt Kelly’s love for me and all the love in the room for Kelly. It was certainly a once in a life time moment that I will never forget.

I truly believe there is no such thing as coincidence in this world…if you feel the same way then this last story may bring tears to your eyes. The night before our wedding last year, Kelly gave me a special gift. She gave me watch that was engraved in the back. I love this watch, it is so special to me. I only wore it for our wedding because it was so nice. After the wedding, I put it away in my dresser and had not touched it all year. The night of Kelly’s viewing, while I was getting ready, I thought to myself, I should wear my special watch, I know Kelly would like that. So I opened my dresser, pulled out the watch and noticed that the battery was dead. I briefly put the watch back in its place but something made me pull the watch back out. I told myself, I don’t care if the time is not working on the watch; I am wearing it anyway because it meant so much to me. So I proudly put it on and headed to the funeral home. I was sitting with my mother in law and other family members during the viewing. After a hour or so, I leaned over to my mother in law and mentioned to her that I was wearing the watch that Kelly gave me for our wedding. I told her I was wearing it even though it was not working. She wanted to see it so I showed her. After briefly looking at it, her mouth dropped upon looking at the face of the watch. She looked at me and said “Manny, look at the time” As I looked down at the time my heart almost stopped. It was just after 3:01am. The watch froze at the time Kelly passed away. I could not believe it. To make it even more unbelievable, Kelly had the watch engraved “MK, Until The End Of Time”. This is just not some strange coincidence, however everyone can believe what they wish.

Kelly was a gift from god to all of us, I truly believe this. When I look back over all the little things that happened over the past 20 years that led to Kelly and I ending up together, it truly is amazing. My plan is to write a book about our love story, Kelly’s faith and the inspiration she has shown us even in the toughest of times. Even though I am not much of a writer, I feel as if Kelly is continuing to push me. Whenever I wanted to just be ordinary, Kelly made me be better. I used to always talk about being extraordinary…well the truth is she was extraordinary. Kelly made me the man I am today and I owe her my life! She opened my eyes to the world as I now know it and she gave me a gift that not too many people will ever have. Now it’s up to me to share our experiences to make the world a better place.I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to be so in love with Kelly. The love we have for each other is truly amazing. So unconditional, I wish everyone reading this blog gets to experience love like ours in their lifetime. As Kelly stated in her very first blog, “I guess the vows "through sickness and health" really hold true here in our home”...we demonstrated this to the highest level. So when you get down in your relationship and your feeling like life is just too much to handle, remember Kelly and I.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you who have read this blog and for all the beautiful comments you have shared. I would sit up at night and read to Kelly all the comments on the blog even on her last days. I know the comments continued to give her strength even at the end.

I hope that you have been inspired by Kelly and I in some small or big way. Continue to try to and be a better, stronger person, love deeper, live freer and don’t ever stop believing in your dreams. Continue to put your stake out farther away then you normally would and try to reach for it. Love life and live it to the fullest.

Smile for Kelly after reading this knowing she is looking down on us from heaven with that big smile we all remember.

Love you Babe, Rest in peace!

57 comments:

Michelle LaCouture-Ramirez said...

Manny...you are truly an amazing writer...your love for Kelly shines through every word. I truly hope you do write the book. It will be an incredible legacy to Kelly and the incredible love the two of you shared.

Best wishes,
Michelle

Shawna Cottrell said...

Manny,
Thank you for sharing this whole journey with us. Such intimate details of Kelly's last days. You have changed so many lives, including mine. I know that Kelly is so proud of you and was so blessed to have you for her husband. I am sad the blogs have ended, and I hope you found some comfort in writing to all of us. I'm sure Kelly will make her presence known to you all the time.. those moments are not coincidences. Cherish them and smile, until you meet again!!

Giving Hugs said...

thank you manny,
this is beautiful. what an amazing story of unconditional love, compassion, and support. thank you for sharing such intimate and special moments between you two. may you always feel her when you need it. i love you both very much. sending you huge heart to heart hugs manny.
sending love,
tiff

Tami Clayton said...

Manny,
What a beautiful ending to Kelly's story. You and she have inspired so many people, near and far. It is so wonderful to see and feel the love you shared with each other. I especially liked what you wrote about the watch, what a special gift.
Many, many people have commented that Kelly's Blog should be printed to share with the world over the past year. I truly believe that you should write the book of your dreams. You are a wonderful writer and have a priceless love story to share.
God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Manny,

As I try my best to smile after reading your last post to Kelly's blog, I can't help but cry. Your love for your wife and your faith in God are so real and beautiful. To have the love that you two shared is truely something special. I can only hope and pray that my children find love like yours and Kelly when they get older and marry. I remember telling Dan years ago that Kelly was "so awesome" because she was enjoying and living her life the way a young girl should (this is when she was living in San Fran). I always admired her for that. And then when she brought you into the family, it was like our little Kelly had grown-up and met this great guy. I believe in my heart that it was Kelly who was with you and pushing you the day of her service and I also believe in my heart that it was not a coincidence but really Kelly who had stopped your watch to let you know that she is here with you. I think that writing book about Kelly is a beautiful way to honor her. She has inspired so many people even peolpe who did not know her but followed her through her blog. I know there are no words that I can say that will make things better or ease your pain but please know that I pray for Kelly & you every day and that I want to be a better person because of Kelly.

Thank you for sharing your story with us and for being a wonderful husband and friend to Kelly.

Love & Hugs,

Donna

Laurel said...

Manny,
Thank you so much for sharing that. While I never had the honor of meeting Kelly in person, it's amazing how close you can grow to someone who you "chat" with nearly every day. I know how much Kelly loved you and how lucky you were to have each other. When I read this is brought tears to my eyes but a big smile to my face. Know that you and Kelly are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Much love,
Laurel

Anonymous said...

I learned of this blog through an online forum I am a part of. I read it from beginning to end. I laughed, and cried, and cried some more. I feel like I know Kelly for some reason and now I also feel like I know you. I want you to know that someone who lives thousands of miles away was so touched and moved by her story and I feel so inspired by your beautiful wife. When I learned of her passing, I literally locked myself in another room and cried so hard. It's amazing how someone's words can make you feel so close to them. I also want you to know that I pray for you and your family every day and I hope that you may find peace and comfort knowing how many lives your wife's story has touched.

Anonymous said...

Manny,

You are an amazing person. I've said it before on here but Kelly was so lucky to have you as her husband. Remember that you two may be separated for now you'll be reunited one day.

Your story about your watch gave me goosebumps.

I hope you do get to write your book, I would love to learn more about you and Kelly.

I hope God gives you and your family the comfort and peace you need.

Anonymous said...

Manny,

You are the most amazing man. Your incredible strength is so inspiring. Thank you very much for sharing your stories. I truly believe that the watch was not a coincidence - that is an amazing story. I hope that you write your book - it would be a true inspiration to everyone, just like the two of you have been to each other and all of us.

Love,
Lisa (DBOM)

Merrie said...

Manny,
I live here in town and am sorry to say I did not hear about Kelly until after she passed. Like so many, I read the blog from beginning to end, and feel blessed for having done so. Your love story is a blessing for all of us -- I hope that you will have peace in the coming days knowing how many lives both of you have touched. God bless you and your families -- you are in my prayers.
Best,
Merrie

Anonymous said...

After reading the blog, I only wish I was able to know Kelly personally. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. May she rest in peace. Much love to you during this time. ~wendy

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Manny. Thank you for blogging too. I've been checking every day out of habit I guess and so thankful to find an update. I have been thinking a lot about Kelly's last days and wondering how they were for her. I see that she shared some very special moments with the love of her life and it makes me happy for her and for you.
I often think about how you and Kelly came together and although I don't always think destiny is a good explanation for most things, I have to believe it in your case. I know how excited she was when you first started talking and I could tell she was so in love with you. Of course, no one knew what your destinies would be at the time but we certainly do now at least for Kelly and because of that we are forever changed...
~Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that was the toughest one to read yet. So as I am sitting here in my office crying my eyes out, I just wanted to let you know that I did smile for Kelly and thank you for reminding me how special our loved ones are to us and how things can change in the blink of an eye and to never take for granted the love, our families, and people closest to us. Hillary Lomanto

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Manny for sharing these stories with us. I am so grateful that my beautiful cousin had such an amazing person with her through her toughest times. Yours and Kelly's story will continue to inspire everyone who hears about it. Our prayers are always with you.

-Nikki

Anonymous said...

What an amazing love story, one that has touched me beyond words. I was not honored to know Kelly but I will remember her story forever. Nothing can define a good writer more than the way they move someone and you two have moved many.

Anonymous said...

Manny,
You and your wife are truly vessels for the Holy Spirit. I learned about your journey through a mutual friend and it is an inspiration. Please know that you have people in Alabama who will continue to lift you up in prayer.

God's Peace,
Wes Youngson

Nicole Griffin said...

Your words are so powerful. I am in awe of the tremendous amount of love you and Kelly shared together, and what you are able to share with the world. You have us falling in love with your story and crying with your pains. You are an inspiration that is indescribable. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Kelly, or you Manny, with such admiration and inspiration to be a better person. Either through living a healthier lifestyle, following my dreams, being who I want to be, or loving deeper. Kelly's life is making everyone work a little harder, stronger, and live a more fulfilling life however that might be. She is making people better. I am lucky to have known such a powerful woman. Lots of love, Nicole Griffin

Anonymous said...

Manny,
although I only met kelly once or twice I have known you for years. Reading this blog brought tears to my eyes every time. But this time it brought tears for a different reason. It brought tears because you can feel the love you and kelly shared even though she is gone. It is a rare love and when you find it you are lucky! You are a wonderful writer and I hope to read your book one day. I will continue to pray for you and hope that God and Kelly give you strength and the love you need at such a hard time. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing, thank you for telling your story. I am so sorry for your loss. god bless you and your family. Kelly was a wonderful gift from god

Anonymous said...

tears.....and then a smile :)

Brandie said...

Manny,
That was soooo beautiful. I feel very blessed that I got to meet you and Kelly. I think it is a wonderful idea to write a book. I smiled for Kelly and I know she is looking down on you, always guiding you on what step to take next in life. May God give you the strength you need to move forward. We all miss you at work and can't wait for you to come back. Your in our thoughts and prayers.
Peace and Best Wishes, Brandie

Tana said...

Manny - thank you for sharing such beautiful memories of Kelly's last days. The story about your watch gave me chills. I am sure that Kelly is smiling down on you and is so proud of you. I wish you best and will always think of Kelly fondly.
Best,
Tana (DBOM)

erin.mclarty said...

Manny,

Thank you for continuing posting when Kelly could not. I was not a reader through the year, but read all of them in one sitting this evening after Monica posted about the blog. When my husband came home and saw me crying and asked me what's wrong, it took me at least a minute to be able to speak-I was only about halfway through 2010's posts at that point. It was very brave and unselfish of the two of you to write this blog, and I do hope you follow through on writing a book. My husband's father died only a month after being diagnosed with lung cancer, a couple of years before we met. Right before I started writing this comment, he came and hugged me. I looked him in the eyes and told him (as I have at least 100 times before) to quit smoking, and he told me (as he has at least 100 times before) that he would. I'm going to ask him to read the entire blog, too, and hopefully he will stick to it this time. Cancer runs rampant in my mother's side of the family, and sometimes I worry about it. Reading your blog has just renewed my appreciation for all the blessings in my life. I know it may sound silly, but it makes me want to go clean the entire house-just because I can (and I hate cleaning). Thank you for again for sharing your story. Through the blog you are blessing all of us with the love you and Kelly shared in life, and that you continue to have for her now.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I just learned about this blog this evening and have read it beginning to end. Her ability to see the bright side in the darkest of situations is beyond inspiring.

I'm so sorry you two didn't get the happy ending you deserved. I hope you can find peace and continue to inspire others with your story.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Manny for sharing this Truelove story! You are an amazing person and Kelly was truly blessed to have you in her life! Kelly will always be remember for her strength and her beautiful smile! God bless you and your loved ones.

Anonymous said...

Manny, you were a very devoted husband and Kelly was very lucky to have you. I personally did not know Kelly, but the church I attend prayed for Kelly every week during our services. Yours and Kelly's story has given me a greater appreciation for my husband. Thank you for having the strength to share yours and Kelly's journey with us. It would be an honor if you wrote a book about yours and Kelly's love story so that it can be shared with others. May God bless you and your family.

Alicia

Anonymous said...

I knew of this blog through someone I went to San Benito High with. I read from beginning to end. I never met Kelly, but I feel like I did know her through her writing. She was so funny, witty and sweet. When I read the Sunday's "Wild Horses" I completely broke down, as it is one of my favorite songs. It also speaks to MY soul. Your love as her husband is so pure and truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story on her blog. She was obviously a beautiful person on the inside and out; she will continually live on, in her friends and family's hearts, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Incrediable, inspiring, tearful and wonderful. May the God of peace, joy and love continue to guide you the rest of your life. You are a blessed man.

Anonymous said...

I am sure that no matter what you read, it is hard to feel comforted now that Kelly is gone. You are a wonderful wonderful extraordinary man and Kelly was lucky to have you in her life. I wish I could have met Kelly because she seemed wonderful. I pray for you and your families often. I wish you to feel less pain and that Kelly is now resting in peace. I know she is in heaven looking down on you. You will meet again someday and it will be truly magnificent.

Anonymous said...

May god bless you always Manny!!!!... May all your dreams come true. Write that book your words are amazing!!! The love you had for your wife is the love many of us wish to have in a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Manny, Thank you for continuing your extraordinary story with Kelly. I always told Kelly she should publish her blog as a book, that it was so inspiring, and poignant, and funny. I hope you will do so - you both have a wonderful gift to share. You and your entire family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

god bless

The Sticky-Bee said...

I stumbled on to your blog by accident about 3 months ago. Every time I log onto my computer I look for an update on your family. I don't know you or your wife, but the change you both have made in me is unspeakable. I know that this is strange to hear from someone you don't know but I think your wife will have this sort of impact on all kinds of people from cost to cost. I grieve for you but I know that with the help of your friends, family and God that you will make this bigger than anything you can imagine. She was beautiful. Run with this get your story out make a difference - don't stop here! Good luck to you and may God bless you and walk with you forever - Debbie

Anonymous said...

Manny,
Thank you so much for that post as always it was beautiful. After Kelly passed away, I have not been able to stop thinking about her, by you writing that poignant post and letting us know about Kelly's last days and that it wasn't all sadness and that there was still so much joy between you and Kelly right to the end was lovely. It was a true love story. Some of us blog readers didn't have the opportunity to attend Kelly's funeral for many different reasons. Manny, you gave us faithful readers a service and gracioulsy let us cry with you, thank you. God Bless, Kathleen Smith

Anonymous said...

Manny, thank your for keeping us all posted. We love you and Kelly....and you will always be in our hearts. We know your book will be and inspiration to everyone. Although I only spoke with Kelly a few time while we were both on our cancer journey, she gave me so much strength to face what I was going through. She will be remembered at the Relay for Life this weekend. Marilyn and Tim

Jennifer Arata said...

Manny,
I stumbled across your blog, through a friend, via Facebook, who's profile picture was a pink ribbon with "Kelly" across it. I have read your blog religiously. What an honor it has been to read about your lives, and you both are complete strangers to me.

I will be walking in the 2011 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in San Francisco, and I will proudly wear Kelly's name on my bib, along with the friends I have lost, so everyone will see her name and know why I'm walking. It is people like Kelly why we raise money, why we walk, and why we are "In it to end it!

I will continue to keep you, your families, your friends in my prayers.

God Bless You!
Jennifer Arata
JARATA588@AOL.COM
2011 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer "9-1-1 Angels"

Anonymous said...

Manny,

I, too, am one of the unfortunate people that never got to meet you or Kelly in person but like many others, have been fortunate to read your and her story and be touched, inspired and humbled. Before reading your and her blog, I had been holding onto a situation between me and my husband and withholding forgiveness. I hung my head in shame after reading yours and Kelly's blog and asked for the Lord's and my husband's forgiveness for my stubbornness. I know I am but just a tiny tip of the iceberg of positive change and goodness you and Kelly have inspired. May comfort and peace come to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Manny,

When I read your last post, I started to cry. I have never heard of someone loving there wife with such compassion like you did. Just know Kelly is in a better place, and you should have more peace of mind.

My thoughts are with you,
Lauren

Kathy Pak said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I met Kelly at the South Bay Oncologists. She started her chemo several weeks before I did. The very first I met her, she talked me into getting a metaport with a great sales pitch that would have the manufacturer of metaports proud! She was bright, cheerful and welcoming. I remember how full of hope she was when she finished her chemo and was getting ready for the lumpectomy in November.

I ran into her again in March at the O'Connor Radiation Department when she told me that her cancer had spread to her skin and that she was going back for double masectomy. Even then she talked about having children and the concerns she had about not being able to breastfeed. Since then I have been asking my oncologist occasionally on how she was doing. I knew things were not easy for her, but did not realize that her condition had become terminal.

I am truly sorry that she is no longer with us. If I, who barely knew her, feel the loss of her, then I can imagine what you and your family must be feeling. I know that no word can console you, but I wanted you to know that Kelly made an impact on my life even from such casual acquaintance.

Anonymous said...

Manny... I am very sorry for your loss. Your story of love, passion, and fight to NEVER give up is so inspiring. I have read the blog over and over. Kelly has literally inspired and touched thousands of peoples lives! Even though I have known you for over 11 years, I wasn't able to meet Kelly since the move. I am deeply saddened by that. She is an amazing person... just like you! Hang in there Manny! My thoughts and prayers are with you and the fam!

Josh Wright

Anietra:) said...

Manny...I only met you once or twice; but I had known Kelly for years. I can still remember when you two started dating and how happy she was and what joy you brought to her life. She told me about a month after "he is the one" I can't even put how special he is into words:) Such Excitement in her voice!

I am so blessed to have known Kelly and to have called her my friend...when you were speaking at the church you said Kelly always made people feel special. I remember one year she sent me a beautiful e-card for my birthday that bursts beautiful flowers! She was a beautful person,giving,kind and funny:)

I thank you Manny for this blog and sharing the true meaning of love with us all.

*Love You Sugar.......Anietra Gomez:)

Anonymous said...

Our heart goes out to you Manny. We have never met, but we have been following your blog. Please know my husband and I were so saddened to hear the news of Kelly passing. Thank you for taking the time to post. It has been an honor to pray for your family.
Much love to you, Alexis and Matt Spiva

Anonymous said...

Manny, I am very sorry for your loss. I know she meant the world to you. You are one of the strongest people that I know.

Todd

Anonymous said...

Manny,

I am a friend of Monica. She knew Kelly well. I regret not having had the chance to meet Kelly or you, but when Kelly passed, Monica linked this blog on her facebook page.

I began to read it, and even though I could not stop crying, I would like you to know that you and Kelly inspired me to finally tell the woman I love exactly how I felt. Life is too short and too precious to not live each day to its fullest. Your final entry was amazing, and the part when Kelly thanked you is something I have been thinking about nonstop since. I too, believe that there are no coincidences.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but it is reassuring to know that true love does exist and that it can prevail even in the most difficult times one can possibly imagine. The cancer may have taken things away from Kelly and you, but it could not break your bond. You both fought until the last, and that is something that cannot be expressed in words.

Reading of the amazing strength, resolve, and love you both faced down such a tough situation is an inspiration to all.

I hope one day you get to see your Kelly again.

Franco Saenz

Bakerella said...

We haven't met and I didn't know Kelly, but I heard about her story from one of her friends and commented weeks ago. I stopped back today to see how she was doing.

I'm so sorry, Manny.

Thank you for sharing Kelly's inspiring story when she wasn't able. It will mean so much to so many.

God bless

Angie

Anita Warren said...

It was so great to meet you at the Hollister Relay for Life. I was talking to your mom and Gail! I am your distant cousin, my goodness! Sad we don't know each other, but I have learned more about you, your life and your strength reading this blog. More so then if we knew each other as kids.

I was thinking to myself, "Manny needs to write a book" because he writes so well and then you wrote that you will. I hope you will, if not for anything else, but to let Kelly's legacy live!

Continue to keep your faith in love, in life and in God!

Your Cousin,
Anita Warren

Unknown said...

Manny,

I know that you and Kelly left the biggest impact on my family, especially my brother....he loved Kelly very very much. I was looking at pictures from the wedding rehearsal dinner album before I read this post and thought to myself...that watch Kelly gave him speaks the truth in every way...and then you tell the story about the watch...I had to stop reading and said a prayer for her and you. She will always be watching over everyone and sending her smile and love to us all.

I have changed many things about how I view life because of you two and the true inspiration you have been. I pray that the book is written as the whole world deserves to hear your story. You are always in my prayers and thoughts.
Love,
Angelica

Robert Alvernaz said...

Manny, that was a very touching story. Thank you for sharing. I still pray for you and the family to stay strong. Kelly was an amazing person and i look up to what you guys had and what you did for her. It is truely amazing and you are a great man! You both were very lucky to have such a loving friendship and marriage! It has change my perspective on life.
Take care Manny!
Love Robert

trinityportrum said...

Oh man, I actually AM a writer for a living and THIS blows my writing out of the water! I am sitting here - a woman who rarely, if ever, cries - drowning in a puddle of tears that I can barely see the screen to type this comment. I really hope you write a book about your real life love story. It is so beautiful and the way that you make something soooo sad into something sooo meaningful is the blessing that you have in affecting us around you.

I don't know you or Kelly... but I held a cancer fundraiser for my best friend Trinity Portrum on August 7th, and Mr. Shellito showed up and made me promise to create a blog about Trin's journey just like you did for Kelly's... so I kept my promise and followed through. Then I randomly decided to find your blog and read it... and I discovered some timeless, precious moments of a special couple's journey through sickness and health.

I'm not even sure there are words to express how your last blog entry made me feel, just as I'm sure there are no words to express your love for your wife. I do not believe that your watch stopped at 3:01 as a coincidence. Not at all. That is a reminder of the intense, loving bond that you and your wife shared. How sweet and special that she did that for you.

Like I said, I don't know you Manny but what a beautiful person you are and what an amazing husband you were to take care of your wife til her passing day. You truly inspire me and when I stop to ask God WHY he lets these travesties happen to us... I am reminded by blogs like yours that inspire and encourage me never to take anyone in my life for granted and to appreciate each moment I have with the people I love and who love me. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you continue to blog about your life after all of this as it goes on and as you move forward...just as Kelly would've wanted for you. Live. Keep on living.

With sympathy, appreciation, and love,
Nazy

ps... beautiful playlist.

trinityportrum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trinityportrum said...

Oh man, I actually AM a writer for a living and THIS blows my writing out of the water! I am sitting here - a woman who rarely, if ever, cries - drowning in a puddle of tears that I can barely see the screen to type this comment. I really hope you write a book about your real life love story. It is so beautiful and the way that you make something soooo sad into something sooo meaningful is the blessing that you have in affecting us around you.

I don't know you or Kelly... but I held a cancer fundraiser for my best friend Trinity Portrum on August 7th, and Mr. Shellito showed up and made me promise to create a blog about Trin's journey just like you did for Kelly's... so I kept my promise and followed through. Then I randomly decided to find your blog and read it... and I discovered some timeless, precious moments of a special couple's journey through sickness and health.

I'm not even sure there are words to express how your last blog entry made me feel, just as I'm sure there are no words to express your love for your wife. I do not believe that your watch stopped at 3:01 as a coincidence. Not at all. That is a reminder of the intense, loving bond that you and your wife shared. How sweet and special that she did that for you.

Like I said, I don't know you Manny but what a beautiful person you are and what an amazing husband you were to take care of your wife til her passing day. You truly inspire me and when I stop to ask God WHY he lets these travesties happen to us... I am reminded by blogs like yours that inspire and encourage me never to take anyone in my life for granted and to appreciate each moment I have with the people I love and who love me. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you continue to blog about your life after all of this as it goes on and as you move forward...just as Kelly would've wanted for you. Live. Keep on living.

With sympathy, appreciation, and love,
Nazy

ps... beautiful playlist.

Anonymous said...

Manny,
I don't know if you still read this blog, or check the comments, but I check it every day in the hopes that you have written something. I only know of you and Kelly through this blog, but it has had such a profound affect on me. I think about you and your family often, and I pray for you all the time. I hope that you and your family are doing well and I hope you know how often you are thought of and prayed for.

Anonymous said...

To the writer directly above...I am NOT extremely close to the family but do see them. And just recently saw Manny with Kelly's sister and husband enjoying some of our Portuguese Heritage. It is amazing how he forges on.

Anonymous said...

I finally got the one i love to break up with the woman that took her from me. She is my friend but she betrayed me and took him away from me and she stole him from me, every time i saw them together it hurt me so bad inside i wanted to cry, but finally after using your service to cast a spell upon them 2 to break them up, so i get what rightfully deserves to be mine, i cant believe this actually worked thank you so much for giving me a chance thank you Ancientspiritualtemple@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Oh my God, I'm so glad to tell everyone the real thing that happen to me...My name is EMILIANO BABARAH. If i refuse to share this testimony it means i am selfish to my self and to people i love so much whom might have similar problems, March 16th about something 7:23pm after taken our dinner my husband got crazy started calling a lady name Melisa I love you, i was so mad and started crying like a baby...then my husband left home for the idiot called Melisa, and never return back home then i believed when he uthen nderstand his self he will surly come back to apology, but instead he left me So i complained to my friend she told me she was having such problems in her marriage until she was introduce to DR ORIOMON who specializes in bringing back broken homes and broken marriages DR ORIOMON cast a spell for me in May 4th surprisingly my husband came home May 6th apologizing that i should forgive him that it will never happen again, i was so glad and gave the thanks to DR ORIOMON who save my marriage, if you are having similar problem you can contact him and His email address is (oriomonspiritualtemple@yahoo.com) you can still save your marriage if u really love your husband.


Thanks EMILIANO BABARAH_USA

Jones Mia said...

I want to use this opportunity to tell everyone, that i am very grateful to this man Dr Lucky Spell Caster for helping me get back my husband’ after he abandoned me for six months with pains and tears in my heart. Before the breakup, he usually insult and see nothing good in me and any thing i do, i felt as if i was cursed. my friends advised me to let go but i couldn’t because of the love i have for him which was so strong and could even move ten mountains in a speed of light.So i had to seek for help and i saw so many good testimonies about this man Dr Lucky and i decide to contact him and explain my problem to him and he assured me of good result.After two days of my contact with Dr Lucky my husband came back with apologies and love that he had never show me before. right now he doesn’t insult me any more rather he tells me how pretty and wonderfully made each morning. .Today i am also sharing my testimonies and experience about Dr Lucky which is so wonderful and i will never stop publishing his name so that who ever that is going through breakup and problem in their relationship should also contact him so he can also help you.Once again Dr Lucky i am extremely grateful to you contact email Realspellcasteronline@gmail.com

Unknown said...

May the good Lord continues to bless your heart Manny and make eternal life for Kelly as beautiful as what her smile represent while she was here! You're very inspirational to me and good friend and Boss! Continues to rest in peace Kelly! Playing for Kelly 2021!

Post a Comment

Followers

 

M&K through sickness and health | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates