Thursday, June 24, 2010

Like a Kick To The Mid Section

Like a kick to the mid section is really the only way I can explain how Kelly and I feel this morning.  Although only a few hours have gone by since our last post we learned some new information this morning.   We were awoken by the oncologist who is filling in for Dr. Scates while he is out on medical leave.  She was a soft spoken lady that told us the scans that they did yesterday actually showed that Kelly’s liver now has multiple lesions. This is not something we were expecting to hear right before we thought we were going to get discharged from the hospital. I told the Dr that this does not change our plans and that we want to get out of the hospital and be in our own home. She agreed and said that is fine. She also said that we would not be able to ever do the pill form for a blood thinner because Kelly’s liver is now compromised. This means I will have to give her injections basically forever. The oncologist still feels that the chemo we are doing is the only option we have for Kelly other than giving up because it has shown to have some success against Kelly’s particular type of cancer. Kelly actually took the news very well and stated to me that she does not want to give up and continue to receive the chemo. Her saying this made me have a breakdown because I know she fighting so hard still because of me and our families. I took the news much harder than she did, just trying to keep things together in front of Kelly and to try and be half as strong as she is. A normal person might just throw in the towel at this point, learning in the past three days that your cancer has spread to your other breast and now to your liver, but as well all know Kelly is not your average women. She is more special than any of us will ever understand. This blog is the hardest one I have had to type because things have changed so quickly for us and I want to spend every minute with Kelly. I really do not know what else to say but that I want to share this recent news with everyone else who cares so much about my wife. Please continue to pray for Kelly to be strong through this difficult time. God bless, Manny & Kelly

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of the two of you,keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Love Barbara

Anonymous said...

Kelly is a lucky woman to have you by her side Manny. Thinking of you both. Big hugs XOXO
Keep fighting..

jcgstone said...

Praying for you both. Please keep fighting Kelly!

Julie Bonnet said...

Praying everyday that you both keep your strength. You are both so amazing!

Unknown said...

Not a day goes by that we are no thinking about you guys!
Love you very much Kelly

Michelle and Dan Guetter

Unknown said...

Manny, Kelly is definetly extremely lucky to have such a wonderful man by her side. Please let her know we are thinking about her(and you, too). We may be in Ohio but we are here if you need anything! Sending lots of love and keeping you both in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

AMEN to you both! TWO of the strongest people I have ever witnessed in life. Keep it up and know that there is nothing wrong with having moments of sadness and despair. The important thing is that you come out of them a bit stronger and even more resolute as we continue to see over and over. You've been traveling down this highway a day at a time for the past year and I know you will continue to navigate through the bumps, and craters, and mountains untill you get to the other side.
So much more I feel like saying but most important thank you for sharing your experience so intimately. Thank you for being such an inspiration to the human spirit.
Love & prayers to you both and to your family.
~Sue

Anonymous said...

Our hearts go out to you both. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way. M & T

Anonymous said...

manny, my arms go out to you both right now...sending you the biggest hug ever...squeeezing so tight...may the strength kelly is feeling bring you both to a peaceful place. sending love and light to you two.
love,
tiff

Anonymous said...

We are following your blog since we learned of the latest turn of events. Cannot believe how strong your both are and please know how much we appreciate your having the strength to keep up your blog so that we can send you back our love and strength to you. If there is anything at anytime that we can do, please let us know. So glad that you have each other. Praying for the magic wand to make it all better.
Warmest wishes the hugs.
Diana & Jerry

The Ostojas said...

WOW, you two are amazing and an inspiration to all! God bless and keep up the fight!

Steve, Jeannine & Riley

Teresa Souza said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

God bless!

Teresa Souza and family.

Greg & Mandy Lopez said...

Kelly and Manny,
You both are AMAZING people...keep fighting. Greg and I are praying and keeping positive thoughts. Love you both!

Greg & Mandy Lopez

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you both. My prayer is for God's healing hand to touch you, Kelly, and that you both continue to see Him as your source of strength.

Yvonne Olson said...

Kelly-I have yet to meet your husband but I can see what a great man you fell in love with.
I recently just heard about everything and I'm very sad about not knowing sooner. I am saying many prayers for your recovery and I know you are a strong minded woman and it will all work out. I have some great pictures and memories of our times out for 'girls night'. Nicole, Melissa and I are all thinking about you more than you know.

Lots of love and sunshine your way,
Yvonne Olson

Anonymous said...

Much love and prayers to both of you as you face this battle. My heart is with you both. Stay strong in the Lord!

Post a Comment

Followers

 

M&K through sickness and health | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates